Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Gunadasa Mathota Arachchi, the great musician!

My father is a great musician I've ever seen. He has the ability to turn pieces of words into beautiful songs. Lots of beautifull melodies have been created by him. He has contributed toward the music community in Ampara and created lots of musicians who have become luminaries. I'm really proud of my father. He was appointed as a music teacher in 1972 to Walagampura Maha Vidyalaya in Ampara and started his teaching career. He got through the national examination of music in 1973. He had admission to the Teacher's Training School in Giragama for his proffetional education. After the completion his training he was appointed to Rajagalathenna Maha Vidyalaya and after a few years transfered to Bandaranaike Balika Vidyalaya in Ampara as a music teacher. He extended his service to the other institutions apart from school teaching. He was music instructor for National Youth Council and he was also the senior lecturer of the distance education center of teachers in Ampara.

He passed the examination for recruitment of principals in 1989 and started to work as a principal in 2002. First he worked at Hingurana Maha Vidyala then at Muwangala Maha Vidyalaya. After completing his service as principlal for 5 years he retired on 09th October 2007. Now he is relaxing in his later part of life.

I wish him a long life !!

1 comment:

Bim.G said...

I have been following the blogs and emails of this Linux group in Sri Lanka. The striking difference in them is their spirit. Spirit of the the modern Sri Lanka. They do not complain of restrictions, lack of resources, government etc. They enjoy what they are doing. And they have a huge potential, I guess.

The above post is a wonderful reflection of what I am trying to say. The ability to admire our own culture, in this case in the form of the author's father, stands out. I will all the best for you, Kunchana, and the rest of the guys.

Mahesh Rajasuriya


PS: I have ordered the Blues Brothers movie after reading you other post.

Thanking All the People Helped Me to Complete my BSc

7 years of harsh period of my life is came to end on 18th od November 2009 at BMICH, It was my Convocation. I got my Bachelor of Science d...